Vestnik КRAUNC. Fiz.-Mat. nauki. 2023. vol. 43. no. 2. P. 55-68. ISSN 2079-6641
Development of a Prototype Robot-Manipulator with a Sorting Function: the Experience of Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University Coding Hierarchical Structures
Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University, 683032, Pogranichnaya street, 4, Russia
Abstract. The article identifies a research problem related to the development of a prototype robot manipulator with a sorting function intended for use as educational equipment in the preparation of students at the Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University. The article says that industrial robots are one of the components of automated production systems that allow increasing labor productivity in the manufacturing sector of the country. The article states the fact that industrial robots should become the foundation of the new economy of our country, and to solve this problem, new personnel are needed, which should be trained by the country’s universities. In addition, the article discusses the idea of using a robot manipulator in the classroom for the study of the discipline “Fundamentals of Robotics included in the training profile “Applied Computer Science in automation and robotics”at the Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University. The author of the article shares his experience in developing a prototype robot manipulator, which has the function of sorting objects. The article lists the components of the developed prototype and describes the order of their installation. The algorithm of sorting objects by this robot manipulator is given and the process of developing software for its control is briefly described. It is indicated that the creation of the program consisted in first determining the positions of the robotic arm using the LeArm program, and then in organizing the execution of a sequence of these positions programmatically using the Arduino IDE programming system. The article indicates a promising field of application of sorting robots.
Key words: robotics, robot, higher education, robotic systems, robotic arms, programming
Received: 19.06.2023; Revised: 26.06.2023; Accepted: 28.06.2023; First online: 06.07.2023
For citation. Ryazantsev A.E. Development of a prototype robot-manipulator with a sorting function: the experience of Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University coding hierarchical structures. Vestnik KRAUNC. Fiz.-mat. nauki. 2023, 43:2, 55-68. EDN: WQVMQJ. https://doi.org/10.26117/2079-6641-2023-43-2-55-68.
Funding. The work was carried out without the support of funds.
Competing interests. There are no conflicts of interest regarding authorship and publication.
Contribution and Responsibility. The author participated in the writing of the article and is fully responsible for
submitting the final version of the article to the press.
^\astCorrespondence: E-mail: email@example.com
The content is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
© Ryazantsev A.E., 2023
© Institute of Cosmophysical Research and Radio Wave Propagation, 2023 (original layout, design, compilation)
- Amirkhanov D. R., Buevich A. E. Robototekhnicheskiye sistemy [Robotic systems], Lecture notes, Vitebsk: EE “VGTU 2010, p. 100 (Russian).
- Stupina Ye.Ye., Stupin A.A., Chupin D.Yu., Kamenev R.V. Osnovy robototekhniki [Fundamentals of robotics]: uchebnoye posobiye. Novosibirsk: Agentstvo «Sibprint», 2019, p. 160 (Russian).
- Zenkevich S. L., Yushchenko A. S. Upravleniye robotami. Osnovy upravleniya manipulyatsionnymi robotami [Robot control. Fundamentals of managing manipulation robots], Uchebnik dlya vuzov, Moscow: Izd-vo MGTU im. N. E. Baumana, 2000, p. 400 (Russian).
- Avtomatizirovannyye roboty dlya skladskikh rabot i ikh preimushchestvo dlya biznesa https://vc.ru/u/777913-newss/229600-avtomatizirovannye-roboty-dlya-skladskihrabot-i-ih-preimushchestvo-dlya-biznesa data obrashcheniya: 18.06.2023 (Russian).
- Ryazantsev A. E., Grinchenko M. R., Redutov E.V. Development of a training robot for classes in educational robotics in special schools. Vestnik KRAUNC. Fiz.-mat. nauki. 2020, 31:2, 168-178. DOI: 10.26117/2079-6641-2020-31-2-168-178 (Russian).
- Download LeArm. Electronic resource. Access Mode: https://www.itunesforwindows.com/app/1192117647/learm (accessed 06/18/2023).
- Konstruktor robot-manipulyator LeArm Single Robot. Instruktsiya po ekspluatatsii [Elektronnyy resurs]. Rezhim dostupa: https://supereyes.ru/img/instructions/LeArm_Single_Robot.pdf (data obrashcheniya: 18.06.2023) (Russian).
- Sorokin S.V., Soldatenko I.S. Osnovy razrabotki i programmirovaniya robototekhnicheskikh sistem: ucheb. posobiye [Fundamentals of development and programming of robotic systems]. Tver’: Tver. gos. un-t, 2017, p. 157 (Russian).
- Demonstratsiya robota-sortirovshchika [Elektronnyy resurs]. Rezhim dostupa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miYMtGowyO4 (data obrashcheniya: 18.06.2023) (Russian).
- Kostin S.V., Shamrayev A.A., Yakimaynen D.S. Avtomaticheskaya klassifikatsiya i sortirovka bytovykh otkhodov. Sovremennyye naukoyemkiye tekhnologii, 2022, 5-2, 204-208 (Russian).
Information about author
Ryazantsev Alexander Evgenievich – Ph. D. (Phys. & Math.), Associate Professor, Department of Informatics and Mathematics, Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Russia, ORCID 0009-0006-8965-4300.