Vestnik КRAUNC. Fiz.-Mat. nauki. 2023. vol. 44. no. 3. P. 19-29. ISSN 2079-6641
Full text in Russian
MSC 35L25, 35L80
On a Mixed Problem for a Third Order Degenerating Hyperbolic Equation
R. Kh. Makaova^\ast
Institute of Applied Mathematics and Automation KBSC RAS, 89А Shortanova St., Nalchik, 360000, Russia
Abstract. The paper investigates a mixed boundary value problem for a third-order hyperbolic equation with
order degeneration inside the domain In the positive part of the domain, the equation under consideration
coincides with the Hallaire equation, which is a third-order hyperbolic equation, although it is commonly called
an pseudoparabolic equation. In the negative part of the domain, it coincides with the degenerate hyperbolic
equation of the first kind, the special case of the Bizadze-Lyskov equation. For the problem under study, a
theorem on the existence and uniqueness of a regular solution is proved. The uniqueness of the solution is proved by the Tricomi method. Regarding the desired solution, the corresponding fundamental ratios have been found. Using the method of integral equations, the existence of a solution is equivalently reduced to the solvability of the Volterra integral equation of the second kind with respect the derivative of the desired solution. According to the general theory of Volterra integral equations of the second kind, the resulting equation is uniquely solvable in the class of regular functions. The solution to the problem can be stated explicitly as a solution to the mixed problem for the Hallaire equation in the positive part of the domain and as a solution to the Cauchy problem for the degenerate hyperbolic equation of the first kind in the negative part of the domain.
Key words: degenerate hyperbolic equation, Hallaire equation, fractional integro-differentiation operator.
Received: 29.09.2023; Revised: 30.10.2023; Accepted: 31.10.2023; First online: 02.11.2023
For citation. Makaova R. Kh. On a mixed problem for a third order degenerating hyperbolic equation. Vestnik KRAUNC.
Fiz.-mat. nauki. 2023, 44: 3, 19-29. EDN: WENGSO. https://doi.org/10.26117/2079-6641-2023-44-3-19-29.
Funding. The study was carried out without support from foundations.
Competing interests. There are no conflicts of interest regarding authorship and publication.
Contribution and Responsibility. The author participated in the writing of the article and is fully responsible for
submitting the final version of the article to the press.
^\astCorrespondence: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
© Makaova R. Kh., 2023
© Institute of Cosmophysical Research and Radio Wave Propagation, 2023 (original layout, design, compilation)
- Hallaire M. L’eau et la productions vegetable, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 1964, vol. 9.
- Showalter R. E., Ting T. W. Pseudoparabolic partial differential equations, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 1970, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–26.
- Chudnovskij A. F. Teplofizika pochv. Moscow, Nauka, 1976, 352 pp. (In Russian).
- Coleman B. D., Duffin R. J., Mizel V. J. Instability, Uniqueness, and Nonexistence Theorems for the Equation on a Strip, Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal., 1965, vol. 19, pp. 100–116.
- Colton D. Pseudoparabolic Equations in One Space Variable, Journal of Differ. Equations, 1972, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 559–565.
- Shkhanukov M. Kh. Some boundary value problems for a third-order equation that arise in the modeling of the filtration of a fluid in porous media, Differential Equations, 1982, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 689–699. (In Russian).
- Yangarber V. A. The mixed problem for a modified moisture-transfer equation, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, 1967, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 62–64.
- Kozhanov A. I. On a Nonlocal Boundary Value Problem with Variable Coefficients for the Heat Equation and the Aller Equation, Differential Equations, 2004, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 815–826. Doi: 10.1023/B:DIEQ.0000046860.84156.f0 (In Russian).
- Makaova R. H. Vtoraya kraevaya zadacha dlya obobshchennogo uravneniya Allera s drobnoj proizvodnoj Rimana–Liuvillya, Doklady Adygskoj (CHerkesskoj) Mezhdunarodnoj akademii nauk, 2015, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 35–38. (In Russian).
- Makaova R. H. Pervaya kraevaya zadacha v nelokal’noj postanovke dlya obobshchennogo uravneniya Allera s drobnoj proizvodnoj Rimana – Liuvillya, Vestnik AGU. Seriya 4: Estestvenno-matematicheskie i tekhnicheskie nauki, 2017, vol. 4, no. 211, pp. 36–41. (In Russian).
- Smirnov M. M. Vyrozhdayushchiesya giperbolicheskie uravneniya. Minsk, Vyshehjshaya shkola, 1977, 150 pp. (In Russian).
- Nahushev A. M. Uravneniya matematicheskoj biologii. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 1995, 301 pp. (In Russian).
- Nahushev A. M. Drobnoe ischislenie i ego primenenie. Moscow, Fizmatlit, 2003, 272 pp. (In Russian).
- Kal’menov T. Sh. A criterion for the uniqueness of the solution of the Darboux problem for a certain degenerate hyperbolic equation, Differential Equations, 1971, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 178–181. (In Russian).
- Kal’menov T. Sh. The Darboux problem for a certain degenerate equation, Differential Equations,1974, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 59–68. (In Russian).
- Balkizov Zh. A. The first boundary value problem for a degenerate hyperbolic equation, Vladikavkaz. Mat. Zh., 2016, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 19–30. (In Russian).
- Balkizov ZH. A. Kraevaya zadacha dlya vyrozhdayushchegosya vnutri oblasti giperbolicheskogo uravneniya, Izvestiya VUZov. Severo-Kavkazskij region. Seriya: Estestvennye nauki., 2016, vol. 1, no. 189, pp. 5–10. (In Russian).
- Balkizov ZH. A. The problem with shift for a degenerate hyperbolic equation of the first kind, Journal of Samara State Technical University, Ser. Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 2021, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 21–34. DOI:10.14498/vsgtu1783 (In Russian).
- Repin O. A. Kraevye zadachi so smeshcheniem dlya uravnenij giperbolicheskogo i smeshannogo tipov. Saratov, izdatel’stvo Saratovskogo universiteta, 1992, 161 pp. (In Russian).
- Nahushev A. M. Zadachi so smeshcheniem dlya uravnenij v chastnyh proizvodnyh. Moscow, Nauka, 2006, 287 pp. (In Russian).
- Makaova R. Kh. A boundary value problem for a third order hyperbolic equation with degeneration of order inside the domain, Vestn. Samar. Gos. Tekhn. Univ., Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauki, 2017, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 651–664.DOI:10.14498/vsgtu1574 (In Russian).
- Makaova R. Kh. Boundary-Value Problem for a Third-Order Hyperbolic Equation that is Degenerate Inside a Domain and Contains the Aller Operator in the Principal Part, Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 2020, vol.250, no. 5, pp. 780–787. DOI:10.1007/s10958-020-05043-1
- Makaova R. H. About one mixed problem for the inhomogeneous Hallaire equation, Adyghe Int. Sci. J., 2022, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 29–33. DOI:10.47928/1726-9946-2022-22-2-29-33 (In Russian).
- Fihtengol’c G. M., Kurs differencial’nogo i integral’nogo ischisleniya. T.1.. Moscow, Fizmatlit, 2003, 680 pp. (In Russian).
Information about author
Makaova Ruzanna Khasanbievna – Junior Researcher Department «Equations of Mixed Type», Institute of Applied Mathematics and Automation KBSC RAS, 360000, 89А Shortanova St., Nalchik, Russia ORCID 0000-0003-4095-2332.