Vestnik КRAUNC. Fiz.-Mat. nauki. 2023. vol. 44. no. 3. P. 157-172. ISSN 2079-6641
Full text in Russian
Hardware and Software Complex of the Tilt-Measuring Observations Network of Deformation Processes on the Kamchatka Peninsula
V. E. Glukhov¹²^\ast, E. O. Makarov¹², S. V. Boldina¹
¹Kamchatka branch FSBIS FRC Unified Geophysical Service of the RAS, 683006, Kamchatka Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Piipa boulevard, 9, Russia
²FSBEI HE Kamchatka State University named after Vitus Bering, 683032, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, st. Pogranichnaya, 4, Russia
Abstract. On the Kamchatka Peninsula, observations of the slopes of the earth’s surface were resumed in 2019. The purpose of the observations is to obtain additional information about the slow movements of the earth’s surface caused by various geodynamic phenomena. First of all, this relates to the study of the relationship between deformation and regional seismicity, as well as the preparation and dynamics of volcanic eruptions. In addition to studying slow movements, a network of tilt-metering stations can be used to study the Earth’s tides. The problems listed above can be solved only if there are appropriate means of collecting, processing and storing the information received. The main technical difficulty in creating a hardware-software complex (HSC) was the diversity of available equipment. The paper provides a description of the software and technical solutions used in the reorganization of the tiltmeter observation network. As an example of the operation of the complex, the results of a retrospective data analysis are presented, which suggest the presence of a response in tiltmeter data to Earth tides.The main direction of further development of the agro-industrial complex is the creation of additional software processing modules that can be selectively used depending on the task at hand. In addition, work is underway to provide user access for research purposes to the accumulated data archive.
Key words: deformation, tiltmeter, volcano, earthquake, Kamchatka Peninsula, tidal deformations
Received: 15.09.2023; Revised: 16.10.2023; Accepted: 31.10.2023; First online: 02.11.2023
For citation. Glukhov V. E., Makarov E. O., Boldina S. V. Hardware and software complex of the tilt-measuring observations network of deformation processes on the Kamchatka peninsula. Vestnik KRAUNC. Fiz.-mat. nauki. 2023, 44:3, 157-172. EDN: WDRVAM. https://doi.org/10.26117/2079-6641-2023-44-3-157-172.
Funding. The work was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia (within the framework of the state task No. 075-01271-23) and using data obtained at the unique scientific installation “Seismoinfrasound complex for monitoring of the Arctic cryolithozone and the complex of continuous seismic monitoring of the Russian Federation, adjacent territories and the world”(https://ckp-rf.ru/usu/507436/, http://www.gsras.ru/unu/).
Competing interests. There are no conflicts of interest regarding authorship and publication.
Contribution and Responsibility. All authors contributed to this article. Authors are solely responsible for providing the final version of the article in print. The final version of the manuscript was approved by all authors.
^\astCorrespondence: E-mail: email@example.com
The content is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
© Glukhov V. E., Makarov E. O., Boldina S. V., 2023
© Institute of Cosmophysical Research and Radio Wave Propagation, 2023 (original layout, design, compilation)
- Kuz’min Yu. O., Sovremennaya geodinamika ot dvizheniy zemnoy kory do monitoringa otvetstvennykh ob”ektov [Modern geodynamics from crustal movements to monitoring of critical facilities], Fizika Zemli [Earth Physics], 2019, no. 1, pp. 78–103,(In Russian DOI: 10.31857/S0002-33372019178-103.).
- Ostrovskiy A. E. Deformatsiya zemnoy kory po nablyudeniyam naklonov [Crustal deformation from tilt observations]. Moscow: Science, 1978, 184 pp.,(In Russian).
- Kuz’min Yu. O., Otnositel’nye deformatsii izgiba zemnoy poverkhnosti i otsenka geodinamicheskoy opasnosti ob”ektov [Relative bending deformations of the earth surface and assessment of geodynamic hazard of objects], Markshreyderskiy vestnik [Markshrader’s Bulletin], 2015, no. 5, pp. 47–52,(In Russian).
- Zharinov N. A. et al., O naklonakh zemnoy poverkhnosti pri obrazovanii Vtorogo konusa Bol’shogo treshchinnogo Tolbachinskogo izverzheniya 1975 g. [On the slopes of the Earth’s surface during the formation of the Second cone of the Great Tolbacha fissure eruption of 1975.], In book: Geologicheskie i geofizicheskie dannye o Bol’shom treshchinnom Tolbachinskom izverzhenii 1975–1976 gg. [Geologic and geophysical data on the 1975–1976
Great Tolbacha fissure eruption.], 1978, Moscow: Science, pp. 213–216,(In Russian).
- Zharinov N. A., Ob izuchenii deformatsiy zemnoy poverkhnosti na Klyuchevskom vulkane (1972-1982 gg.) [On the study of earth surface deformations at the Kliuchevskoi volcano (1972-1982)], Vulkanologiya i seysmologiya [Volcanology and seismology], 1984, no. 4, pp. 67–75,(In Russian).
- Firstov P. P. et al., Naklonomernye nablyudeniya na poluostrove Kamchatka v 2012-2016 gg. [Inclination observations on the Kamchatka Peninsula in 2012-2016], Fizika Zemli [Seismic instruments], 2021, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 49–68,(In Russian DOI: 10.21455/si2021.1-4.).
- A701 Series Tiltmeter Specifications URL: jewellinstruments.com (acsess: 31.10.2023)
- Informatsionnyy buklet IN-D3 [Information booklet IN-D3] URL: www.ntpgorizont.ru (acsess: 31.10.2023)
- Chebrov V. N. et al., Sistema detal’nykh seysmologicheskikh nablyudeniy na Kamchatke v 2011 g. [System of detailed seismological observations in Kamchatka in 2011], Vulkanologiya i seysmologiya [Volcanology and seismology], 2013, no. 1, pp. 18–40,(In Russian DOI:10.7868/S0203030613010021.).
- Droznin D. V., Droznina S. Ya., Interaktivnaya programma obrabotki seysmicheskikh signalov DIMAS [Interactive seismic signal processing program DIMAS], Fizika Zemli [Seismic instruments], 2010, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 22–34,(In Russian).
- Firstov P. P. et al., Geodinamicheskie protsessy, predshestvuyushchie glubokomu Okhotomorskomu zemletryaseniyu 24 maya 2013 goda s magnitudoy Mw=8.3 [Geodynamic processes preceding the deep Okhotomorsk earthquake on May 24, 2013 with magnitude Mw=8.3], Dokl. RAN [RAS Reports], 2019, vol. 489, no. 3, pp. 303–306,(In Russian DOI:10.31857/S0869-56524893303-306.).
- Shirokov I. A. et al., Variatsii naklonov zemnoy poverkhnosti na Kamchatke v rayone Klyuchevskogo vulkana [Variations of Earth Surface Tilts in Kamchatka in the Area of Kliuchevskoi Volcano], Vulkanologiya i seysmologiya [Volcanology and seismology], 2009, no. 6, pp. 44–53,(In Russian).
- Wenzel H. G., Earth tide analysis package ETERNA 3.0, Marees Terrestres Bulletin d’Informations, 1994, no. 118, pp. 8719–8721,(In Russian).
- Lyubushin A. A., Mnogomernyy analiz vremennykh ryadov sistem geofizicheskogo monitoringa [Multivariate analysis of time series of geophysical monitoring systems], Fizika Zemli [Earth Physics], 1993, no. 3, pp. 103–108,(In Russian).
- Kopylova G. N., Boldina S. V., Skvazhinnye urovnemernye nablyudeniya v sisteme geofizicheskogo monitoringa na Kamchatke [Well level observations in the geophysical monitoring system in Kamchatka], In: Problemy kompleksnogo geofizicheskogo monitoringa Dal’nego Vostoka Rossii [Problems of complex geophysical monitoring of the Russian Far East], Proceedings of the Seventh Scientific and Technical Conference (September 29 – October 7), Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Obninsk: FRTs EGS RAN [Obninsk: FRC EGS RAS], 2019, pp. 61–71,(In Russian).
Information about authors
Glukhov Vitaly Evgenevich – Engineer, Laboratory of research and monitoring of strong earthquakes, Kamchatka branch of Federal Research Center “Unified Geophysical Service of RAS”(KF FRC EGS RAS), Kamchatka, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Piipa, 9; Researcher, International integrative research laboratory of extreme phenomena, Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University, Kamchatka, PetropavlovskKamchatsky, Pogranichnaya, 4, ORCID 0009-0003-7098-6469.
Makarov Evgeny Olegovich – Candidate of Phys. & Math. Sciences, Senior Researcher, Kamchatka branch of Federal Research Center “Unified Geophysical Service of RAS”(KF FRC EGS RAS), Kamchatka, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Piipa, 9, Lead researcher, International integrative research laboratory of extreme phenomena, Vitus Bering Kamchatka State University, Kamchatka Krai, PetropavlovskKamchatsky, Pogranichnaya, 4, ORCID 0000-0002-0462-3657
Boldina Svetlana Vasilevna – Candidate of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, Senior Researcher, Laboratory of geophysical research, Kamchatka branch of Federal Research Center “Unified Geophysical Service of RAS”(KF FRC EGS RAS), Kamchatka, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Piipa, 9, ORCID 0000-0001-7234-0053.