Invariant manifolds and the global attractor of the generalised nonlocal Ginzburg-Landau equation in the case of homogeneous Dirichlet boundary conditions
A. N. Kulikov, D. A. Kulikov
Demidov Yaroslavl State University, 150003, Yaroslavl, Sovetskaya st. 14, Russia
Two versions of the generalized nonlocal Ginzburg-Landau equation are considered. Both of these options are studied together with the homogeneous Dirichlet boundary conditions. For the corresponding initial-boundary value problems, the existence of solutions is shown for all positive values of the evolution variable. For solutions to initial-boundary value problems, explicit formulas are obtained in the form of Fourier series. The properties of solutions of the corresponding initial-boundary value problems are studied. In the second part of the work, the question of the existence of global attractors for solutions to the studied boundary value problems is considered. The question of the properties of global attractors is studied. In particular, an answer is given about the Euclidean dimension of such attractors. Sufficient conditions are given under which the global attractor will be finite-dimensional. A variant of the nonlocal Ginzburg-Landau equation is distinguished, when the global attractor is infinite-dimensional.
Key words: nonlocal Ginzburg-Landau equation, boundary and initial boundary value problems, global solvability, invariant manifolds, global attractors, dimension, structure of global attractors.
Original article submitted: 01.02.2022
Revision submitted: 18.04.2022
For citation. Kulikov A. N., Kulikov D. A. Invariant manifolds and the global attractor of the generalised nonlocal Ginzburg-Landau equation in the case of homogeneous Dirichlet boundary conditions. Vestnik KRAUNC. Fiz.-mat. nauki. 2022, 38: 1, 9-27. DOI: 10.26117/2079-6641-2022-38-1-9-27.
Founding. This work was carried out within the framework of a development programme for the Regional Scientific and Educational Mathematical Center of the Yaroslavl State University with financial support from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (Аgreement on provision of subsidy from the federal budget No. 075-02-2022-886).
Competing interests. The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest regarding authorship and publication.
Contribution and Responsibility. All authors contributed to this article. Authors are solely responsible for providing the final version of the article in print. The final version of the manuscript was approved by all authors.
Acknowledgements. The authors are deeply grateful to the referee for a number of comments that contributed to the improvement of the article.
The content is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.ru)
© Kulikov A. N., Kulikov D. A., 2022
- Kuramoto Y. Chemical Oscillations, Waves, and Turbulence. Berlin.: Springer-Verlag, 1984. 158 pp.
- Aronson I. S., Kramer L. The world of the complex Ginzburg-Landau equation, Rev. Mod. Phys., 2002. vol. 74, pp. 99–143 DOI: 10.1103/RevModPhys.74.99.
- Bartuccelli M., Constantin P., Doering C. R., Gibbon J. D., Gisselfalt M.On the possibility of soft and hard turbulence in the complex Ginzburg-Landau equation, Physica D, 1990. vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 421–444 DOI: 10.1016/0167-2789(90)90156-J.
- Scheuer J., Malomed B.A. Stable and chaotic solutions of the complex Ginzburg–Landau equation with periodic boundary conditions, Physica D, 2002. vol. 161, no. 1-2, pp. 102-115 DOI: 10.1016/S0167-2789(01)00363-3.
- Malinetskiy G. G., Potapov A. B., Podlazov A. V. Nelineyniya dinamica. Podchody, resultaty, nadezhdy [Nonlinear dynamics. Approaches, results, hopes]. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 1971. 436 с. (In Russian)
- Whitham G. B. Lineyniye i nelineyniye volny [Linear and Nonlinear Waves]. Moscow: Mir, 1977. 622 с. (In Russian)
- Elmer F. J. Nonlinear and nonlocal dynamics of spatially extended systems: stationary states, bifurcations and stability, Physica D, 1998. vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 321-341 DOI: 10.1016/0167-2789(88)90024-3.
- Duan J., Hung V.L. Titi E.S. The effect of nonlocal interactions on the dynamics of the Ginzburg–Landau equation, ZAMP, 1996. vol. 47, pp. 432-455 DOI: 10.1007/BF00916648.
- Kulikov A., Kulikov D. Invariant varieties of the periodic boundary value problem of the nonlocal Ginzburg–Landau equation, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 2021. vol. 44, pp. 11985-11997 DOI:10.1002/mma.7103.
- Kulikov A. N., Kulikov D. A. Invariant Manifolds of a Weakly Dissipative Version of the Nonlocal Ginzburg–Landau Equation, Automation and Remote Control, 2021. Т. 82, №2, С. 264-277 DOI: 10.1134/S0005117921020065.
- Temam R. Infinite Dimensional Dynamical Systems in Mechanics and Physics. New-York: Springer-Verlag, 1997. 650 pp.
- Babin A. V., Vishik M. I. Аttractory evolutsionych uravneliy [Attractors of Evolution Equations]. Moskva: Nauka, 1989. 293 с. (In Russian)
- Mizohata S. Teoriya uravneniy s chastnimi proisvodnymi [The Theory of Partial Differential Equations]. Moscow: Nauka, 1977. 504 с. (In Russian)
- Segal I. Nonlinear semigroups, Ann. of Mathematics, 1963. vol. 78, pp. 339-364.
- Solvability of the Cauchy problem for abstract second-order quasilinear hyperbolic equations and their applications, Trudy MMO, 1970. Т. 23, С. 37-60 (In Russian).
- Lineyniye differentsialniye uravneniya v banachovom prostranstve [Linear differential equations in a Banach space]. Moskva: Nauka, 1967. 464 с. (In Russian)
- Sobolevskii P. E.On equations of parabolic type in a Banach space,Trudy MMO, 1961. Т. 19, С. 297-350 (In Russian).
Kulikov Anatoliy Nicolaevich — D. Sci. (Phys & Math.), Prof. of Differ. Equation Depart. of Demidov Yaroslavl State University, Yaroslavl, Russia, ORCID 0000-0003-0251-9562.
Kulikov Dmitriy Anatolievich — Ph. D. (Phys & Math.), Associate Professor of Differ. Equation Depart. of Demidov Yaroslavl State University, Yaroslavl, Russia, ORCID 0000-0002-6307-0941.
Download article: Kulikov A. N., Kulikov D. A. Invariant manifolds and the global attractor of the generalised nonlocal Ginzburg-Landau equation in the case of homogeneous Dirichlet boundary conditions